Sunday, March 1, 2015

Introduction...maybe my first and only post...who knows?!

Okay..so here we go...I've started a blog.  Not sure how long I'll keep this up and I make no promises to be helpful, entertaining, or to even be present all of the time...so please leave your expectations at the door.
A bit about myself...I'm 28, live in North Carolina, have a Master's Degree that I'm pretty sure I'm honestly not even using despite the fact that I'm still paying for it (but isn't that the majority of 30-somethings now days?), am a part time dog sitter, have a full time career, and I have recently taken the plunge to read 60 books this year thanks to an annoying pop up on my Goodreads app that demanded a set a goal for my life...I mean for 2015.  That last part is the main reason we're all gathered here.
I've been told my criticism is funny...it's mean..but it's funny so I'll do my best to live up to that.  I'm a rather blunt and honest person when I feel I should be...sometimes I feel it's none of my fucking business.  (Oh yeah...I have the vocabulary of a well educated sailor.)  And sometimes, the filter between my brain (which is so beautiful) and my mouth does not engage...typically what comes out is hilarious while sometimes being rather insensitive.  So...with all of that out of the way, let the book criticisms begin!  I am in no way educationally fit to provide them in that I was not an English major, have never been, and probably never will be an editor or a publisher...but I'm reading them and the authors put them out in the world so I feel I'm entitled to have an opinion.  Thank you authors of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment