Sunday, March 8, 2015

don't expect me to look at you while you talk when the game is on...

While I do read...a lot...especially since starting my Goodreads Challenge to read 60 books this year, I also work at least 40 hours a week in a clinical toxicology laboratory.  The main thing, though, that keeps me sane is spending time elsewhere.  While I love reading, I also need time away from the books...time with real people who support me and love me despite being neurotic, sometimes mean, and always crazy (in the good way...you know...the way that makes you laugh hysterically).
During FOOTBALL season, I am a New England Patriots fan!  Hate all you want but please keep the haterade comments to yourself...and stop drinking that shit...it's bitter and full of calories.


I LOVE me some Gronkowski! And Edelman, and Amendola, and Gostkowski, and Wilfork! 

During BASKETBALL season...it's college basketball...not big on the NBA.  So given that I live in North Carolina...that means I'm one of three...UNC, Duke, or NC State.  #GODUKE! Yep...I'm a Duke fan...I'm pretty sure my friends wouldn't let me be a UNC fan but I'm okay with that.  Sports to me are just a game.
I do, however, get quite passionately involved when it comes to....TENNIS!  Yes...tennis.  Love it...have my favorite players...dream of going to all four Grand Slams in the same year.  TENNIS!  For 2 years now, the Winston-Salem Open is held a couple of months before my birthday and one of my besties buys tickets for me...even though she's not a huge tennis fan.  I look forward to it EVERY.YEAR.


I always get to see Sam Querrey play.  So far...no such luck in seeing John Isner but for me...without his serve...I don't think he'd be playing on the pro circuit.  Just my opinion though.







My favorite player...Mr. Juan Martin Del Potro.
Oh...how I love him...let me count the ways.  He's been out for a bit though with wrist injuries.  Get well soon Juan Martin!  










And of course...what kind of tennis fan would I be if I didn't love some Rafa Nadal?!  I also have a soft spot for Djoko!  So...those are my favorites.  I look forward to Grand Slams every year...and even the Winston-Salem Open!

So...when I'm not reading, not watching something sports related either in my house (being wayyy too fucking obnoxious to my neighbors) or out with friends; and I'm not working...odds are I'm dog sitting.  More on my babies in a later post though...because I WILL get picture happy with them.  I love all 5 of them dearly...as if they were my own babies.  And yes...they're my babies.  Get the fuck over it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment