Monday, March 2, 2015

Book 3 - The Wolf by Lorenzo Carcaterra

First off...before I go any further...LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Now...we may proceed...

I cannot say enough good things about this book.  Just...damn I loved this book...everything about it...from beginning to end.  First though, I love Vincent aka The Wolf...I would marry Vincent...I fear Vincent...but mostly I would LOVE the shit out of Vincent.  He's so badass.  I knew I would love Vincent when within the first few pages he said: 


We open with Vincent's family, with the exception of his oldest child, his son Jack, being killed in a terrorist attack on a plane.  I'm not sure that subject will ever stop being a fresh wound...at least where Americans are concerned.  Vincent is the head of basically the American mob...he's a mack daddy of a crime syndicate.  He works along side the Italians, the Greeks, the Japanese, the Triad of China, and others to form this huge syndicate of organized crime.  Every dime in the world basically goes through these guys.  The enemy..the Mexican Cartel, the Russian Mafia, and the terrorists of the Middle East.  Once again...touchy subject.  Vincent is a badass and has obviously excellent resources at his disposal and some pretty badass people on his side.  He is able to spin it with his homies that this is not just about a personal vendetta against those who killed his family, but that it is a monetary issue...eventually the war would come and actually needs to occur.  It's not just personal, it's also business.  
I honestly don't want to say too much because I need people to read this book to find out how good it is for themselves.  I laughed...I CRIED...and I gasped more than once because of the plot twists!  I was so blown away with where Carcaterra took the story and I WANT MORE!  Carcaterra has left it so it's open for him to continue on with the story and I'm sincerely begging him to continue on.  I want more of this story line...I NEED more of this story line.  I cannot say enough good things about this book.  Bravo, Mr. Carcaterra, Bravo!  Now...publish part 2...and 3...and 4...etc etc etc.  I would read them all! 

*Sigh* I might have to read it again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment