Sunday, December 18, 2016

Book 14 - Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick


I don't know about you but I adore Anna Kendrick.  She's so talented with her acting and singing...and I've always wondered what she was like...not her characters...but Anna, herself.  After reading this book, she's someone that I would like to hang out with...but in small doses.  Now, that's not a bad thing.  I love the shit out of my best friend but if I saw her every single day, we would kill each other.  I kind of have that same feeling with Anna Kendrick.  

Anna gives us a little inside peak into her life, how she rose to fame, and honestly who she truly is as a person.  She's funny, witty, tells it like it is, and is a little weird...all in the good way.  She's at least honest about her weirdness and has a potty mouth so I absolutely adore her.  I found myself relating to her on several levels, honestly.  She didn't grow up rich, and she actually finds the money involved with stardom to be a little uncomfortable.  She struggled, even when she was working, and it was honestly refreshing to see that she had Ikea furniture and roommates.  It definitely 'humanized' her and took her off that celebrity pedestal...all good things.  I think that's something she wanted to convey with this book.  She's just like the rest of us and she hasn't forgotten her roots.  She acknowledges how blessed she is and she is grateful to her parents for taking her to New York every weekend so she could go to auditions.  It was just...super refreshing to read this book.  

If you've ever seen any of her films or theater, or if you follow her on Twitter...you'll want to read this book.  A few times she made me laugh out loud, and a couple of times I said YEESSSS...preach it!  I also want to attend every single holiday party she has in mind...if you read the book, you'll understand that.  I just kept thinking...YES!  That is how that holiday is supposed to go!  YES!!  

I thoroughly enjoyed this look behind the curtain at Anna Kendrick and I read this book in 2 days.  I couldn't put it down.  She provides information and detail but she doesn't drone on and on and on about shit.  She keeps the pace going and doesn't dwell to the point where you're like, fucking move on already!  She kept me turning the pages, learning more about her.  Two thumbs up from me, as far as autobiographies go.  Well done, Scrappy, well done!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment