Sunday, November 22, 2015

Book 40 - After Alice by Gregory Maguire


I have a high school diploma, a bachelor's degree in Chemistry, and a master's degree in Forensic Science.  I do not say that to brag, but rather to state, that even with all of that education, I still do not feel I was smart enough to read this book.  I confess, I had to look up some of the words.  I had to trudge my way through complex descriptions, imagery, and wild ass tangents that I honestly feel were not fucking needed.  It took 4 fucking pages to describe Ada falling down a mother fucking hole.  FOUR. FUCKING. PAGES!  Dude...cut it out.

Short, sweet, and to the point?  I'm so glad I'm done with this book.  It's a fantastic concept and could be great if done by someone else; but I seriously dislike having to read a paragraph a couple of times in order to understand what I just read.  It's supposed to be a leisure book, but instead I just feel exhausted.  My brain hurts.

If you're a Maguire fan, God bless you and I'm sure you'll love it.  As for me though, not so much.

Moving right along...

No comments:

Post a Comment